Wednesday 2 November 2016

Vegan MoFo 2016

It's back!  I missed last year but here I am about to embark on my fifth year of Vegan MoFo.  I am looking forward to joining a crowd of bloggers who are promoting vegan food in November.

I am a little nervous too.  Not because I am vegetarian.  I eat enough vegan food to enjoy the challenge of having a vegan blog for a month.  No, I am nervous about finding the time.  This year has been pretty crazy and demanding of my time.  I have been preparing some posts ahead of time.  It is the only way to survive Vegan MoFo even at the best of times.  It is the only way I have convinced myself to sign up this year.

So I can promise you that I have lots of fun and fascinating recipes.  In keeping with the weekly Vegan MoFo themes, there will be treats, diversity, colour, and comfort food (oh yes that is "memories and traditions" week but for me that translates as comfort!).  Here is a sneak peak at some of the food you will see this month:

 
I have listed my Vegan MoFo posts here:

Week 5: Holidays

30 November: Vegan MoFo 2016 - reflections and quicklinks
29 November: Gow Gee Hummus Cups and Lentil Celery Salad
28 November: Welsh nutroast with laverbread, leeks and cheese

Week 4: Memories and Traditions

27 November: Aquafaba (chickpea brine) recipes - vegan and eggless
26 November: Banana and maca muesli (granola)
24 November: Zucchini Slice - Veganising a favourite Aussie din
23 November: Rice paper bacon
22 November: Burger buns
21 November: Tofu besan omelette

Week 3: Rainbow

20 November: Chunky asparagus and cashew dip with Kale sourdough tortillas
19 November: Hal's stir fry sauce - updated and vegan
18 November: Rainbow food - in pictures
17 November: Rainbow fruit kebabs
16 November: Smoky apple vegie burgers
15 November: Rainbow salad with orange and sesame dressing

Week 2: International

14 November: Thai pumpkin and lentil soup
13 November: Vegan Avgolemono - Greek Easter lemon soup
12 November: Asian rice with cabbage, corn and celery
11 November: Vegemite and poppy seed scones
10 November: Book Review: Isa Does It by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

Week 1: Treat Yourself

8 November: Chocolate lovers medieval castle cake
7 November: Vegan chocolate olive oil cake
6 November: Sourdough fruit bread with poppy seeds
5 November: Chocolate and black tahini cut out biscuits
4 November: Halloween birthday lunch with vegan mummy tarts

3 November: In My Kitchen 

Previous Vegan MoFo posts can be found in these lists:

12 comments:

  1. Like you Johanna I too have tentatively joined in with Vegan Mofo for exactly the same reasons, time. I unlike you though have not prepped many meals in advance so will scroll some past relevant blog posts that may need to be put in the spotlight or may miss out, but I am looking forward to your contributions as I always do - you have always been an inspiration and you continue to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaheen - I have had fun planning and cooking but just am short on time for writing up the posts and getting the photos in order! Good luck with your mofo - am sure it will have lots of interesting food

      Delete
  2. Yay! I have a hard enough time with one blog post in a week that vegan mofo could not have even been on my radar if I remembered. I'll look forward to your posts, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet - I understand that not everyone is in a position to participate - last year I had to sit it out after 4 years because just could not commit to it - am hoping that this year will be better but there is so much else going on in my life that it is still hard! Enjoy your time with your wee baby!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, your sneak peak looks beautiful! The only way I convinced myself to sign up was with planning for 3 posts per week. Hopefully I can even hit that target! Happy MoFo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caeli - glad you like the look of the sneak peak - had to search hard for some pretty photos - wait til your see the rest :-) Good luck with your mofoing - will look forward to it

      Delete
  4. Excited to see your posts! I didn't full join in this year because I don't have the time but I love the idea of MoFo and all the wonderful creations that will come out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Ellen - Vegan MoFo is pretty full on but I have enjoyed it in previous years and will see how I go this year

      Delete
  5. I'm a bit nervous about how much time it needs to do a good MoFo too, but I'm not going to beat myself up about not posting every day - life is going to get in the way, I know. I'm looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey - I know what you mean and will look forward to your posts - hope it gives you a bit of fun in a busy time!

      Delete
  6. Happy MoFo!!! Glad you are taking part - I hadn't realized you had taken part in so many in the past. You are awesome Johanne!
    Looking forward to seeing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy - hope you will enjoy the recipes - I actually was surprised to find this is my 5th year - I had thought it my 4th - feels like I have done a few vegan mofos when I lose track of how many! Also am pleased to see you are taking part too!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)