Tuesday 30 October 2012

Vegan Mofo Quicklinks 2012


Vegan MoFo produces a wealth of brilliant ideas for cooking vegan food.  Last year I produced two round-ups of inspirational recipes.  I have returned to those posts when I need ideas.  This year I haven't had as much time to visit other blogs but I have been inspired by what I have seen.  Here is just a taste of the posts I have loved reading and a few of the blogs I have been delighted to discover (as well as a few old friends).

Orange and Red Dinners
Pumpkin marinated tofu or tempeh - Vegan Fazoo
Roasted ratatouille pizza with chickpea cheeze sauce - Keepin' it Kind
Roasted red pepper cheese in mac and cheese - Olives for Dinner
Savoury tomato protein pancakes - Spabettie
Vegan lentil loaf - {almost} Vegan

Kale and Greens for Dinner
Caramelised onion, sweet potato and kale on socca pizza - Vegan Lisa
Drunken broccoli cheeze soup - Fo' Reals Mom
Fried sweet pea ravioli with macadamia cream sauce - Big Mike's Eats
Hoecakes florentine with hollandaise sauce - Snarky Vegan
Kale, cashew ricotta and olive tart with buckwheat pastry - From Kirsten's Kitchen to Yours
Zeljanica (Spinach and tofu in filo) - Veganise This!
Spinach Fatayer (aka Lebanese Spinach Pies) - Louise by Degrees

Savoury Snacks
Garlic herb bannocks - Cookbook Afficianado
Herbed popcorn - Veg-Am
Khatchapuri (Yeasted pies with tofu farmer cheez) - An Unrefined Vegan
Piccadilly chickpeas - Snacking on Sunshine
Sunflower seed, pepita and hemp seed bread spread - An Unrefined Vegan

Something Fun
Halloween ghost pizzas - Vegan Richa
Hungry Caterpillar fruit snacks - Fried Dandelions
Peppermint stars for hot chocolate - Vegan Lisa

Sweet Tooth's Delight
Almond coconut fudge balls - Bite Sized Thoughts
Applesauce muffins - Hell Yeah It's Vegan
Cinnamon salted caramel brownies - Baker Bettie
Chocolate quinoa crackers - Fridge Scrapings
Coco-nut quinoa bites - Vegan Yack Attack
Pumpkin bread - via Short Silly Vegan
Pumpkin choc chip pancakes - La Vida Vegga

Great idea
Home made tofu - Veganise This
Herb substitution chart - Don't Fear the Vegan
First Attempt (and failure) at Homemade Food Coloring - From Kirsten's Kitchen to Yours

This post is part of Vegan Month of Food October 2012.  Go to my Vegan MoFo list for more of my Vegan MoFo posts.

10 comments:

  1. GREAT list! I am definitely bookmarking quite a few of these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great round up, some lovely recipes to revisit there ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks so much for mentioning me twice! There are a few links here that I've missed which sound really interesting. I like these types of posts and seeing what other people have been enjoying and bookmarking throughout the month as it's so hard to keep up with it all.

    It was a bit sad to see old Dolly at the top though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel - glad to help you keep up with links - it is hard to keep up with them all

      I felt a bit sad seeing dolly but thought Sylvia might like the pic - instead she focussed on what Dolly was eating and had to drag out all the cereals that have been neglected lately. Kids!

      Delete
  4. This is a great round up Johanna - I have felt a bit overwhelmed with just how many recipes / posts / blogs there are and have discovered some new sites, but not as many as I could have. There are quite a few recipes I'll be exploring on here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari - I don't think anyone could keep up with as many new blogs as they would like - I am not sure how many this year but it was 700 blogs last year!!!! So am happy to share some link love

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)