Sunday 30 October 2011

Vegan MoFo recipe quicklinks II

And now the end is near ... Yes, folks!  Vegan MoFo finishes tomorrow.  But I will be left with lots of recipes to try out and reading to follow up on.  Here is a sample of some of the recipes and other posts that I have bookmarked.

I want this for dinner
Baked apple dijon tofu - The Urban Vegan
Banana corn fritters - Veg-Am
Cauliflower potato burritos - Vegan Cookbook Aficionado
Moo Shu Vegetables in Chickpea Pancakes - The V Word
Nut and Mushroom Loaf - xgfx
Smoky corn, red potato and kale chowder in a bread bowl - Vegans Eat Pencil Shavings
Spanikopita with almond feta - Kitchen Operas
Vegan pasta alla vodka - El Paso Veg Snob
Vegan Yorkshire Puddings - Heathen Vegan

Baking and Sweet Treats 
Caramel Sauce - Dine Well
Carrot Pineapple Cake with Tofu Cream - Aliens Day Out
Choc Nut Frozen Bananas - Veg-Am
Fennel and Black Pepper Bread - The Winged Snail
Peanut Butter Popcorn Cake - Cookbrooke
Raspberry and Lime Raw Cheesecake Truffles - Of the Kitten Kind
Vanilla Slice - Veganise This
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies - Kale and Cookies

Pumpkin
Pumpkin biscuit rolls - The French Fry Conundrum
Pumpkin Graham Crackers - Vegan Mainstream
Pumpkin granola - Tye dye files
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies - Scissors and Spice
Pumpkin spinach quiche - West Philly Vegan

Halloween Fun
Blood and Bones (pretzel bones and tomato sauce) - Cookbook Aficionado
Guacamole bats - Fork and Beans
Peppers as jack o lanterns - Spabettie
Spider crackers - PB and Kelly

Great Ideas
Cookie bouquet - The Spade and Spoon
New favourite way to freeze soups and stews (in muffin tin portions) -  Craft Aftermath
Spaghetti and Meatballs Cake - Mo Betta Vegan
Tofu meat - Scissors and spice 
Using spinach to dye mint choc chip ice cream - In the Mood for Noodles

Thought-Provoking
ABCs of Vegan Food survey - This is What I Eat
Comments on Vegetarians in Punch c1848 -  Mr Apes World of Crepes
If the government thinks we should eat more vegetables, why don’t they put cash money behind it? - Veganasaurus
Interview with Carol J Adams (author of The Sexual Politics of Meat) - The V Word
Interview with a four year old vegan - Vegan Linda
My thoughts on being vegan (it's complicated)- Star City Vegan
XGFX survey - Sketch Free Vegan (and lots of other blogs)
I also read a great post about how it is a privilege to be able to chose to be vegan but I have lost the link.

For more, go to Vegan Mofo recipe quicklinks I

This post is part of Vegan Month of Food October 2011.  Go to my Vegan MoFo list for more Vegan MoFo posts.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for including my blog post. I agree, so much inspiration from vegan mofo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this is awesome - you captured so many things that I've missed! I'm doing my final round-up tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johanna! I should be going to bed, not opening a dozen new tabs! :P

    P.S. Thank you!! I thought I was well-up on Vegan MoFo posts, but clearly there's a lot I've missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have a separate category for pumpkin! Also, great links. I love the interviews with vegan kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is having a terrible, terrible effect on my already out of control recipe bookmarks :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for getting this one out! Really great recipes. Already made a note of began yorkshire pudding, caramel sauce and tofu meat. All three are really, really novel ideas. I think often vegans are way more creative in the kitchen than standard vegetarians!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks K - have been enjoying seeing a few friendly faces like yours (metaphorically speaking) in mofo

    Thanks Vegangela - I feel like that every time I see a round up - between us we will share some of the best - look forward to yours

    Thanks Hannah - welcome to my world :-) who can keep up with it all - just so much!

    Thanks FoodFued - am excited that mofo is at the time of the year that means lots of good pumpkin recipes - just love the stuff any old way

    Thanks Lisa

    Thanks Kari - funny how we use bookmarks to organise ourselves and they then become just another aspect of our disorganisation - sorry to add to the pile but all in a good cause

    Thanks Adam and Theresa - glad you find it useful - I agree the vegan recipes are so creative - and when it comes to baking and sweet food there is definitely more creativity and interesting stuff than in regular vegetarian baking

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for including me in your roundup Johanna. I’ve seriously bookmarked so many recipes and have added so many new blogs to my reader I don’t know where to start! I’m diggin’ all the mofo love that’s going around, what a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you are fantastic! Love your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great list. So many blogs I want to check now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)