Saturday 15 October 2011

Vegan MoFo recipe quicklinks

We are now halfway through October - the Vegan Month of Food.  It is really hard trying to keep up with all the fantastic ideas.  Especially as the past week has been crazy busy.  I am bookmarking like there is no tomorrow.  Here is a halfway round up of some of the recipes I have loved so far.

I want this for dinner
Chestnut Stuffing Bake
Fried Tofu and Vegie Sandwiches with coconut bacon
GF Vegan Sausages
Hot potato salad
Quinoa Sundried Tomato Burger
Quinoa with Butternut Squash, Chard and BBQ Tempeh 
Baked marinated tofu
Mini Carrot and Squash Nut Roasts

Great ideas
Apple nachos
Chickpea buttercream frosting
Kale pesto pizza 
Peanut butter caramel filled apples
Shepherd's Pie Muffins
Speedy wholewheat flatbreads
Spicy Home made mustard
Vegan marshmallows (found via a MoFo post)

Vegan dairy
Creamy baked dill mac n cheeze
Herbed almond cheeze
Melting mozzarella cheese (found on a MoFo blog)
3 nut cheeze
Vegan cashew cheese

Crackers
Cheesy Crackers made with home made cheeze
Cheezy Quackers
Goldfish Crackers

Baking
Cowboy Cookies
Chocolate Banana Muffin with Chickpea Flour
Jamaican Ginger Cake
Strawberry Lavender Muffins
Sweet potato cake with dried cranberries

Pumpkin
GF Pumpkin ginger beer scones
Pumpkin bagels 
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookie bars
Pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls
Pumpkin syrup
Tofu pumpkin pie

Novelty
Strawberry Pop Tarts
Creepy Halloween Crudites
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (yes, a scary tomato recipe!)
Fun Kids Food (check out the mermaid)

Lastly, I first heard about Steve Jobs death this month on Vegan MoFo.  Having started computing on a Mac, I am now back to using a Mac at home and work so I am grateful for his work.  I have enjoyed some MoFo posts with pictures of tributes including lots of apples but can't find them.  So I will leave you with a quote I first read on the MoFo feeds.

“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful … that’s what matters.”
Steve Jobs (R.I.P)

This post is part of Vegan Month of Food October 2011.  Go to my Vegan MoFo list for more Vegan MoFo posts.

10 comments:

  1. Holy moly--what a great resource this post is! Thanks for bringing this all together and for inspiring me to find a few new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for adding me to the list, I'm honored! And thanks for this round-up. I'm super behind on my MoFo reading, so it's nice to see other people's summaries :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is a great list. thank you kindly for posting my buttercream! i love that people are doing round ups because i know i've missed so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Thank you! This is going to keep me going for a very long time - I'm excited to see the vegan marshmallow recipe too. I have a few bookmarked recipes for it but this looks better than those I'd previously seen. Wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a great post! I now have a bunch of new bookmarks to add to my bulging list. Thank you so much, Joanna! I was going to make the eggplant bacon from Appetite for Reduction/PPK this week, but now I am contemplating coconut bacon...I think the fat in the coconut might take this to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for including one of my links! There are so many amazing recipes and ideas out there with vegan mofo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with Ricki! This is fabulous! I can't wait to make me way through these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great collection of links! I've spent a good while (far too long) browsing new blogs today, so thank you!

    I hope you get round to making some the delicious recipes you've bookmarked, and look forward to seeing your take on them on your blog eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, lovely list of ideas, but I think there should be one list called "I Want Someone To Cook me This For Dinner"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your positive feedback - glad to share some link love - only too sorry I haven't had time to write the blog names next to the links - but I hope to try out some of the recipes and hope you will too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)