Sunday 29 September 2013

Vegan MoFo 2013 Quicklinks II

So now the end is near and I've done all my Vegan MoFo TV Dinners posts.  Tomorrow I will write a reflection on the Vegan Month of Food (MoFo) but today I am sharing my quicklinks that I have loved while surfing MoFo posts.

I feel a bit sad that I haven't got around to as many MoFo blogs as I would like to.  There have been some fantastic themes and amazing creative food.  As well as recommending these recipes to you, I urge you to browse these bloggers' MoFo posts (September 2013) because I wanted to bookmark heaps of recipes from many of them.

Meanwhile, it was good to have a lazy day at home today after a couple of busy days.  Lots of sleep, sunshine and good food was just what I needed.   I made sourdough flatbreads last night and kept some of the dough in the fridge for today.  Below is a photo collage that starts with the dough growing out of the clingwrap and shows the frying of the flatbreads.  So easy and so yummy.  We ate them for lunch with hummus and vegies on our new green outdoor table by the blossom-laden lemon tree.  Just lovely!  Now onto some recipes to really make you hungry:

Breakfast:

Step by step pictures of frying sourdough flatbreads starting with the dough left in the fridge overnight and not wanting to stay in the clingwrap.
Dinner - Light and Lovely:

Dinner - Baked and Hearty:

Our lemon tree in blossom.  I hope it bodes well for a good lemon crop.
Dessert:

Baking:

Our new outdoor table.
Snacks:

Interesting:

This post is part of Vegan Month of Food September 2013.  This year for Vegan MoFo I am cooking recipes inspired by some favourite tv shows - and veering off topic occasionally.  Go to my Vegan MoFo list for more of my Vegan MoFo posts.     

16 comments:

  1. Lovely recap, Johanna. I commend you on so many posts! So many bloggers have made tremendous meals and posts, it is nice to see what I've missed. My blog reader was inundated this month

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about feeling sad when MoFo's over - I love reading all the new stuff on blogs I've been reading for ages, and discovering new ones, and coming up with all new recipes. It's been a blast. And I always end up with a load of recipes that I want to make - I wish I'd thought of putting together a post like this! And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your quick links!!! So handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd got through more blogs too. You've just introduced me to a whole bunch more! I've so enjoyed your posts, reminiscing about old TV programmes and the recipes of course.
    Thanks for featuring my jackfruit fajitas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed your vegan MoFo posts and their TV theme - lots of memories there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image of your platter is gorgeous and there's some very inviting items there to nibble on. There are so many links her to great sounding recipes xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking to my coconut pie post Johanna! :)
    I feel the same as you with my limited participation in Vegan MoFo this year but life is just so busy! Thank goodness for blog archives and the MoFo blog roll- even if I am still reading in the Christmas holidays it's great to have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many interesting lings and more great recipes to explore. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the shout out Johanna! I'm also a bit sad that I didn't get to visit as many blogs as I did in previous years - I still have a lot of reading and commenting to do as I fell behind over the last few days. Loved your theme this month, you wrote some wonderful posts and cooked so much lovely food!

    Love the photos of your flatbreads, they look similar to the pita bread I make which also puffs up a lot in the pan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @mel - the recipe I have says that these could be done as pita bread but I always flatten mine - have wondered about doing them without flattening

      Delete
  10. Cute plating - and these sourdough flatbreads look sooooo good! I wish I have hummus, there aren't hummus products here in Buenos Aires.

    For breakfast, I would love some breakfast pizza with tofu scramble & gravy (dreamy about this...), for light & lovely dinner, I would love to have some Bengali inspired socca, Jackfruit Fajitas and Spicy Paella Soup (Yay for Spain), for Baked & Hearty Dinner, I'll take some of that Buffalo Mac & Cheese.

    Mac & Cheese is my favorite American dish.

    For Dessert, I might grab that pumpkin coconut caramel sauce and drizzle on that lovely coconut pie.

    For Baking, definitely the sourdough chocolate chip cookies & the maple bacon donuts.

    For Snacks, yay for arepas, loved them in Colombia, and I've been wanting to make them! I be tthese are good with Ketty's cashew cheese spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @vegiemiam - at least hummus is easy to make - I would make it more but haven't been able to get my 4 year old to eat home made stuff and she loves it from a tub (sob). Love your little menu - I will certainly join you

      Delete
  11. What a great list of enticing recipes! It really felt impossible to keep up with all of the mouthwatering items being cooked up across the globe. Now that MoFo is ending, I can go back and read the many posts that I've missed. Your list will be a good place to start!

    Thanks so much for including my seitan bacon wrapped dates in your list! What a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow thanks for this recap - some really yummy ones here that I hadn't seen before!
    And thanks for the link up for my recipe too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)