Sunday 15 December 2013

10 Foodie Christmas Gift Ideas


It is only 10 days to Christmas.  So perhaps it is fitting that tonight I bring you 10 Foodie Christmas Gift Ideas.  This builds on my previous Christmas gifts posts but is more extensive.  I actually planned this post last year and never finished it so it has had time to brew and grow.  I have divided the post into ten gift categories (or ideas) with links from my own blog and from elsewhere.  I hope you will find something in here to inspire you. 

Savoury crackers
Cheeze crackers (v)
Chickpea crackers (gf, v)
Polenta parmesan thyme crackers (gf)
Scottish oatcakes
Smoky cheese biscuits 
Spinach crackers with French lavender salt (v)

From other bloggers:
Blue cheese cranberry and pistachio crackers - Not Quite Nigella
Cheese and walnut shortbread - Laws of the Kitchen
Crunchy sticks and branches - Ricki Heller
Olive oil parmesan crackers - City Hippy Farm Girl
Seed crackers - Nourish Me
Stilton and rosemary shortbread - Closet Cooking
Sweet potato cheddar crackers - Completely Delicious

More savoury ideas: marinades, infusions, salts and sauces
Celery salt (gf, v)
French lavender salt (gf, v) 
Raspberry vinegar (gf, v)
Red wine sauce (gf, v)
Rhubarb dipping sauce (gf, v)
Smoky seedy coconut bacon nuts (gf, v)
Worcestershire Sauce (gf, v)

From other bloggers:
Chilli lime salt - The Kitchn
Citrus salt - 101 Cookbooks
Gomasio (sesame salt) - Fanatic Cook
Herb wreath - Steps on the Journey
Marinated olives - Lavender and Lovage
Peach BBQ Sauce - Food is my Friend
Spiced nuts - Laws of the Kitchen
Spicy home made mustard - The Vegan Ronin
Taco seasoning - Joy the Baker
Welsh Rarebit Cheese Spread - Lavender and Lovage 

Jams and Chutneys
Apple and cranberry chutney (gf, v)
Apricot chutney (gf, v)
Beetroot and orange chutney (gf, v)
Pear and walnut chutney (gf, v)
Plum chutney (gf, v)
Plum jam
(gf, v)
Rhubarb and strawberry jam (gf,v)
Tomato chutney with cranberries (gf, v)

From other bloggers:
Apple pear and passionfruit chutney - Tinned Tomatoes
Christmas chutney -  The Kitchen Maid
Onion marmalade - Fig Jame and Lime Cordial
Rhubarb and blackberry jam - Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
Strawberry and peach jam - Tinned Tomatoes

Sweet biscuits
ANZAC biscuits with cranberries and chocolate (v) 
Chocolate and cranberry shortbread
Chocolate macaroons (v, gf)
Gingerbread
Gingerbread choc chip cookies
Florentines
Lebkuchen  
Maple walnut cookies (v)
Shortbread
Walnut and quince thumbprint cookies (v)
Zimsterne (cinnamon Ssars) (gf, v)

From other bloggers:
Chocolate gingerbread gingersnap cookies - White on Rice Couple
Christmas Cookies - amazing amounts of links from Food Blogga
Cranberry orange pinwheels - Baked by Rachel
Gluten free and vegan graham crackers - Oh She Glows
Healthy Christmas Cookies - Candida Diet Plan
Iced spice biscuits - Bite Sized Thoughts
Mexican hot chocolate snickerdoodles - Culinary in the Country
Polish spice biscuits - Chocolate Log Blog

Christmas cakes, bakes and puddings
Chocolate fruitcake
Chocolate mince tarts
Chocolate panforte
Christmas pudding
Christmas pudding bites
Fruitcake with chocolate chunks
Gingerbread house 

From other bloggers:
Christmas marzipan cake - Butcher Baker
Panettone with chocolate, clementine and walnut - Franglais Kitchen
Raw mini Christmas puddings - Cate's Cates
Stollen - David Lebowitz

Chocolates and Fudge
Chocolate gingernut truffles 
Chocolate layered fudge (gf)
Chocolates with peppermint filling (gf, v)
Chocolate salami (gf, v)
Nutella fudge 
Orange and sweet potato filled chocolates (gf, v)
Pink rocky road (gf)
Rocky road (gf, v)
Vegan bacon and seed chocolate bark (gf, v)

From other bloggers:
Candied orange peel dipped in chocolate - Chocolate Log Blog 
Oreo topped peanut butter fudge - Wayfaring Chocolate
Peppermint chocolate bark - Bite Sized Thoughts
Turtle bark - Bakers Royale
Cookie cutter fudge - Chocolate Moosey 

Other sweet treats
Apricot delight (gf, v)
Coconut ice (gf)
Grubs (gf)
Walnut and coconut fudge balls (gf, v)
White Christmas

From other bloggers and websites:
Gingerbread almond butter - Wayfaring Chocolate
Gingerbread caramel popcorn - Heather Christo
Peanut butter and chocolate popcorn - natural sweet recipes
Pumpkin candied popcorn - The Gracious Pantry
Scottish macaroon snowballs - Baby Centre
Sesame snaps - Not Quite Nigella
Spiced sugar Christmas popcorn - Jamie Oliver

Drinks
Lemonade (gf, v)
Limeade (gf, v)
Spiced red currant and orange punch (gf, v)

From other bloggers and websites:
Candy cane peppermint hot chocolate spoons - Turquoise and Lemons
Ginger ale - Simply Recipes
Mulled wine kit - BBC Good Food
Mulled wine sachet - Homemade gifts made easy
Mulled wine syrup - What Kate Baked
Salted caramel hot chocolate mix - Seeded at the table

Ready to make - burgers, pancakes, cookies
None on my blog but wouldn't it be great to make a ready-to-make-nut-roast

From other bloggers:
Bean burger mixture - Where's the Beef?
Coconut curry lentil soup - Tiffin Bite Sized Food Adventures
Cowgirl cookies - Bakerella
Oat almond chocolate chunk cookies (v) - Vegan Richa
Pancake mix with apple cider syrup and candied walnuts - Tora's Real Food
Punk Rock cookie jar mixes - Post Punk Kitchen
Cocoa blocks for hot chocolate - King Arthur
Instant oatmeal pots - Gluten Free Alchemist

Inedible foodie gifts
Bath bombs
Playdough
Salt dough Easter eggs (or Christmas decorations)

From other bloggers:
Bath bomb cupcakes -  the taste space
Chocolate olive oil body scrub - The Kitchen Maid 
Lemon sugar hand scrub  - Stephanie Lynn
Moisturiser - Broke and Healthy
Peppermint foot scrub - Turquoise Lemons
Pomanders - Pioneer thinking
Salt dough stars  - Red Ted Art
Spice bags - Don't Boil the Sauce
Vanilla mint sugar scrub - Food and Swine
Vanilla sugar body scrub - Freutcake

22 comments:

  1. There are way more than 10 gift ideas here, Johanna! Great list! I like how you pointed out which ones were vegan and GF! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet - well yes more than 10 ideas but I sorted my ideas into 10 ideas for sorts of gifts - I confess I copied and pasted from my index with the gf and v notations!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely selection of handmade gifts! I'd be chuffed to receive any one of these for Christmas. Wishing you and yours the most wonderful holidays! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth - I'd be quite pleased to receive these sort of foodie gifts too - wish I was organised enough to give out more of these

      Delete
  3. Love this round-up! I have overloaded my browser with tabs now. Thank you for including a few of mine too, wheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah - hurrah for new tabs - enjoy browsing

      Delete
  4. Wow! Johanna! You have done an outstanding job gathering all these delicious gift links for us. There are so many blogs here I have never visited before. I can't wait to check them out. I must say though, I am totally inspired by your French Lavender Salt. Now I must check out those Spinach Crackers! How very considerate of you to label the links. Just terrific, Johanna. Thank you so much for taking the time to share all the goodness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise - I tried to include some favourite blogs (though I know I missed out some that I love). Highly recommend the french lavender salt

      Delete
  5. What a fantastic round up! There is a lot in here I'd like to try; I will probably need until next Christmas to work my way through them, which is a lovely position to be in. Thanks so much for the links my way too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari - I have actually used some of the list of gifts I have compiled and go back to them so I find them useful too - though I think quite a few of my plans will need to wait til next Christmas

      Delete
  6. This is such a great list! I especially love all the savory treats. We focus so much on sweets sometimes, but who doesn't love a good cracker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne - I was determined to think of savoury ideas as there is such a sugar overload at this time of year - love crackers!

      Delete
  7. I like edible gifts as the possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cakelaw - I always love reading about your edible gifts (can't believe I didn't include any in the links - one might just appear!)

      Delete
  8. What a great idea to have a round up of edible Christmas gifts! :D And thank you so much for including me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine - I find these round ups quite useful personally and am always happy to share them

      Delete
  9. Happy Christmas! These are awesome handmade Foodie Xmas gift ideas and I love savory crackers especially “cheesy” ones! Thanks for putting this together! I can't wait to make something for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rika - I think savoury crackers are great gifts - after all I have a dad who gave me a fine appreciation for such nibbly bits

      Delete
  10. Oh, wow! What an impressive list! And thank you for including my mini-puddings - I was wondering where all those hits were coming from...

    love

    Catherine, still catching up on all her blogs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine - glad to send some hits your way :-)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)