Tuesday 28 July 2015

N.Tran Bakery and a day out in Prahran

I had a fun trip to Prahran with a friend last week.  Carmen had invited me to along to a library session on Twitter.  The day was looking promising when we found a parking spot easily.  That is quite an achievement around Chapel Street.

The information session was interesting and makes me think maybe I will open a Twitter account when I have some time.  Though perhaps the most fascinating moments were when an old guy on roller blades turned up at the doorway of the session just to watch and looking at the swastikas in the library tiles on the way out.  (The building was no doubt built before Hitler sullied the swastika.)

We enjoyed looking up at all the wonderful old buildings.  And browsing in some of the shops beneath.

I enjoyed checking out some street art nearby.  It is great to get out in a different part of Melbourne from my usual inner North. 

Then we had lunch at N.Tran Bakery.  I had the vegetarian salad roll with tofu (banh mi).  It was freshly made and filled with lovely vegies and tasty slices of tofu.  My only regret was that I ordered the standard salad and didn't think to ask for some beetroot in it.  Carmen had the rice paper rolls which were huge.

We had been lucky to order before the rush arrived but as we ate in store we were amazed that it got quite busy.  We paid Prahran prices ($7) but it was a really good lunch.  Satisfied we got in the car to go home and got terribly lost when we missed a turn and found ourselves exploring many no through roads by Southbank.  Luckily we were happy to chat as we drove - or perhaps this was why we got lost in the first place.  Next time we will listen to the GPS.

N.Tran Bakery
263 Chapel Street, Prahran
03 9525 0889

Click to add a blog post for N. Tran on Zomato

4 comments:

  1. It's always a great relief when you stumble upon that perfect parking spot. It sounds like you had a very lovely day out. Your crusty bread roll looks very good but alas, some beetroot would have been grand xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, Prahran prices! So true. The twitter session sounds like it was really interesting-- I keep meaning to do more with my twitter account! Glad you had the good luck with easy parking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look Prahran up on a map to work out why the name was familiar - it was the area I stayed for the conference that allowed me to meet up with you :D Sadly I didn't explore it much and didn't see any of the places you highlight in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, yes, beetroot is good. However, your bahn mi looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)