Sunday 1 November 2015

Remembering Alex and Ian 8

As another birthday heads around for Alex and Ian, our sons who were born and died on this day in 2007, I yet again have to shift my wondering about how their lives might have been.  Eight seems so old for these boys that we only ever held and gazed upon as tiny babies.  Eight long years without them.  As always we miss them and wish they were here to celebrate with us.

Instead we will eat cake in their memory.  (More on that soon)  And I share a few links I have come across over the past year that relate to stillbirth and loss:

Angel Gowns - an organisation where people donate old wedding dresses to be used to make outfits for stillborn babies.

Why I talk about my stillbirth - Alana Rosenstein in the Huffington Post

Losing Iris: the quiet despair of a child stillborn - Sarah Hughes in the Guardian

Pregnancy loss cards by Jessica Zucker.  When someone experiences preganancy loss, family and friends often don't know what to say.  These cards have thoughtful messages for such occasions. 

A bed for my heart - website for parents who have lost a child

Everything doesn't happen for a reason posted in The Adversity Within

14 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your family today, Johanna xxx
    When my kids were younger, we always had a birthday cake for their cousin (my sister's son) who died before they were born. Coincidentally, it's the anniversary of his death tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless Alex and Ian's little souls.
    Thinking of you and your little family Johanna.
    It's good to remember those that we have loved and lost and honouring them.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of love, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and your family Johanna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this remembrance with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your kind word - it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you. Such a lovely way to celebrate your memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another year passes, but the love will always be there. Stay strong! Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear this. Such an enormous loss. I have a friend whose twin girls also passed away shortly after birth and it's a very deep and painful loss. Best wishes to you at this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss, I can only image how you and your family are feeling.
    Glad you are having a celebration of sorts for your sons.
    Thinking of you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)