Wednesday 19 February 2014

Tomato Nut Roast with Buckwheat and Seeds: Guest post on rickiheller.com

I am particularly fond of nut roasts. When I first became vegetarian over 20 years ago, I found that they filled the space left by meat. I grew up with a mother who regularly roasted a lump of meat surrounded by roast vegetables. Nut roasts became the lump of protein surrounded by vegetables on my plate. They are now my comfort food.  Today though you wont find a recipe on my blog because I have written a guest post on Ricki Heller's blog (formerly known as Diet Dessert and Dogs).

I have followed Ricki’s blog since 2007 when I was bowled over by her humour, her warmth and her brilliant recipe ideas. So when she asked me to write a guest post for her, I was delighted. After some thought on what to make, I decided to make my signature dish. A nut roast.  Head over to Ricki's blog to read my post and recipe for a vegan and gluten free Tomato Nut Roast with Buckwheat and Seeds.

15 comments:

  1. Wanted to comment here too to say your photos are beautiful in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari - love the long hours for photographing dinner (which are disappearing fast as we head towards end of daylight savings)

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic recipe! I love the use of buckwheat groats here. I still have some to use up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mihl - I have some cooked buckwheat in my freezer that I keep thinking mean I need to make this nut roast again :-)

      Delete
  3. I've actually never had a nut roast! Off to check it out! I love the idea of adding this to my repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kari, Johanna--and also with Mihl!! I love the recipe (and the photos). Thanks so much for popping over to my blog to guest post! And for providing my readers with such a fabulous recipe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ricki - the opportunity to do a guest post was fantastic - it was a great challenge for me to make a nut roast to fit your diet

      Delete
  5. I am still ashamed to say that I've never made a nut roast. I'm a terrible vegan! This one is super appealing to me, I'm definitely going to make it this week. My dad has been cutting down on wheat, dairy, and upping his beans and nuts so I reckon he'll love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks little vegan bear - there are a lot worse things vegans can do than never making nut roasts - and I am sure you will make one some day - maybe this is the one for you :-)

      Delete
  6. I've just made it and couldn't wait the ten minutes resting time, I had to eat it straight away. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaya - so glad you loved it - sometimes you just don't want to wait to turn out something to look nice - it matters at a posh dinner but on a weeknight there is nothing wrong with just digging in :-)

      Delete
  7. I am unnaturally attached to nut roasts. I know that they're a vegetarian/vegan stereotype, but they're so delicious who cares?! They're always a good thing for a Sunday roast too, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey - I could eat nut roast every week - they are healthy and yummy so what is not to love

      Delete
  8. I’ve never had nut roasts, but I’m familiar with Ricki’s works. I have her desserts cookbook! :) I would love to try a nut roast someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)