Friday 18 October 2024

Street Art in Melbourne city - CBD 2022-2024

On a day when I was thinking about where to go for a ride, I read about street artist Luke Kasper had painted a mural of Pesto the fluffy penguin chick (below) who has been a recent star attraction at the aquarium.  So I rode to Higson Land in the city.  I took quite a few photos of street art and found some other photos in my archives to share here.

October 2024: Higson Lane, AC/DC Lane and Duckboard place.  These lanes off Flinders Lane have a lot more interesting street art at the moment than the Hosier Lane, which has become a tourist attraction for its street art.













April 2024: Hoarding outside Young and Jackson Hotel in Flinders Street.  I think this is part of the construction work on the new metro tunnel.  I once had a seagull take a sushi handroll out of my hand whole so the gull with the chips seems believable.  I am not sure it if is spongebob or a bin with a grin!


April 2023 - Hosier Lane and Scott Alley off Flinders Lane.






February 2022: Meyers Place off Bourke Street




More Melbourne city street art photos on Green Gourmet Giraffe blog:

2 comments:

  1. I always loved checking out the street art in Melbourne whenever I visited - the artists are so talented. Shame to hear that Hosier Lane is so touristy now but good to see that street art scene in other laneways. Thanks for the virtual tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, people are so talented!! I love the last 3, and the one about a woman's place lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)