Friday 30 June 2023

Indonesia airport art (and a plane meal)

On my recent trip to Yogyakarta, I spent time in three Indonesian airports.  The artwork in the Jakarta (CGK) and Yogyakarta airports was very impressive and were entertaining as I waited about the airports for hours in transit.  The Denpasar Bali airport had disappointingly little artwork but I did spot one interesting one.  I took photos of them and share them here. 

Before we get into airports, I share a photo of my meal on Garuda Airlines from Melbourne to Jakarta.  The travel agent didn't mark my ticket for a vegetarian meal - partly misunderstanding and partly me being too busy to follow it up.  So I had to ask when I boarded.  The air stewards were lovely and put together some plates of food for me.  It was actually so much that it could have served two.  The baked beans were slightly sweet (welcome to Indonesia cuisine) but I liked them served with potatoes, vegies, croissants, yoghurt and fresh fruit.  I felt quite special that they made such an effort when there was not a vegetarian meal put aside for me.  I liked it more than my Denpasar to Melbourne meal which was a bit dry and served in such a cramped plane.  I never would have thought I might prefer Garuda over Qantas but it just shows how the airlines have changed since I was first flying in the 1990s.

Jarkarta (CGK) Airport:
I especially liked the artwork that made pictures out of the fire extinguishers.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Yogyakarta International Airport:











Denpasar Bali Airport:


More posts from my trip to Yogyakarta, Indonesia:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)