Saturday 24 December 2022

Christmas in Melbourne and Geelong

It's Christmas Eve.  I've baked lots of food.  The presents are under the tree and we are watching Carols by Candlelight.  I have some festive photos I have seen around Melbourne and some Christmas trees so I will squeeze in a last blog post before Christmas.


If you haven't seen santa about, he is working at Chemist Warehouse - check his staff ID.



Coburg Night Market was back this year after 2 years covid absences.  The weather was so wet it had to move from Bridges Reserve to the Supermarket carpark.


It was good to see some fine food ad craft.  We had mac and cheese ball subs and chips.  Very good. 



Gift shopping advice from Mary Martin's bookstore at Vic Market.  I love "don't get your tinsel in a tangle".


The Mural Hall in Myer was the giftorium this year. 

Santa was setting up behind the big Christmas tree when we went to the launch of Christmas at Highpoint.  Sylvia enjoyed seeing fireworks through the skylight.

Our first time at a carols service for three years was on a fine summer evening. 

The Grinch is very popular in our house so I liked this Grinch Christmas tree at the amazing gift shop at the Vic Market.  If you look closely you will see some sold signs because apparently the Grinch was quite popular this year.

Sylvia and I had a drive around our local streets to see some houses lit up with Christmas lights.  There is always some spectacular ones.  Especially this one in Shaftesbury St in Coburg.  I love the snowman in the box.  Sylvia loved the bear.  We had to queue to go in to see all the decorations in the front yard.

More Shaftesbury Street.  They have so much amazing Christmas decorations and raise money for charity.

This house in Stewart Street in Moonee Ponds was pretty impressive too.

After going to Geelong to see my parents one recent weekend.  These trees in Johnson Park caught my eye.

Upon closer inspection I was even more impressed that each tree was decorated by a different primary school.  The themes were really impressive - the Geelong Football Club, Aboriginal motifs, a nutcracker, native birds.

It has been a very busy Christmas period with some nice catch ups with friends and events.  The most since covid hit our lives.  I am off for a final tidy before bed and will head to Geelong for Christmas lunch tomorrow and then hope for some rest (and more blogging) over the rest of my holidays.  Covid is still infecting those around me so I wish you a healthy and happy Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)