Saturday 28 January 2017

Cranberry and camembert tarts - using leftover cranberry sauce

"Summer's lease hath all too short a date", as the Bard once wrote.  And so the School Holidays are almost over and Term 1 of another year is almost upon us.  Alas I still have fruit mince and cranberry sauce in my fridge.  So in the interest of sharing some leftover ideas, here are the very simple cranberry and camembert tarts I made soon after Christmas.

I have been meaning to make them again with another cheese but am yet to do it.  They are delicious but not quite the healthy eating we all promise ourselves after Christmas.  But a lovely wintery snack.  And who knows, my cranberry sauce might last that long.  So before summer and this recipe fades into the mists of time, here is it.

Actually it is too simple to really need a recipe.  I just cut a square of ready-rolled puff pastry into six rectangles, spread with cranberry sauce and topped with slices of camembert.  I think I baked them for about 20 minutes at 200 C or until the pastry was golden and the cheese was melting and bubbly.

Thanks to The Baking Explorer for inspiration from her Brie Cranberry Tartlets.  Here is some more inspiration:

More recipes to use up cranberry sauce on Green Gourmet Giraffe:
Baked brie with cranberry sauce and walnuts (gf)
Cheese, cranberry and thyme muffins
Cranberry and orange glazed tofu (gf, v)
Parsnip, cranberry and chestnut roast

More recipes to use up leftover cranberry sauce elsewhere online:
Brie, pear and cranberry pizza bread - Cook the story
Cranberry black pepper sweet rolls - Daily waffle
Cranberry sauce apple crisp - Just Taste
Sweet potato pancakes with maple cranberry sauce - $5 dinners

On the Stereo:
Set List: The Frames

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite combinations, if I don't have camembert then its brie - its good in a panini too. Have a lovely w/e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - cranberry and camembert is a winner. Though I am sheepish to say it, I used up all of our cranberry sauce in sandwiches when I was at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I do so love cheese and jam together! :D I usually do strawberry jam but cranberry sauce would also do nicely if I had some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss cranberry sauce now we don't have turkey. As you may guess, I wouldn't like the cheese component but like the idea of cranberry sauce on a tart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cranberry & Camembert is such a classic combo and perfect on puff pastry! Yum x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)