Saturday 15 March 2014

Green food for St Patrick's Day

I love green.  You don't need to know my blog at all to know that.  You only have to look at the name of my blog.  St Patrick's Day is a day I love to celebrate.  For me, it not only is a day for the wearing of the green but it is also a day to remember my Irish-Catholic heritage.  Today to celebrate, I have gathered some green recipes from the past year for you (with this year's St Patrick's Day food added).










Above are more green foodie photos from my blog.  For more recipe ideas, go to my 2013 St Patrick's Day post.

I hope your St Pat's Day (17 March) is filled with green and the craic.  I will finish with an Irish blessing that I love.  May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind always be at your back and until we meet again may God hold you in the palm of his hands.

4 comments:

  1. Green is not always a colour you think of for food, but all these look delicious. Love the pean pancakes and the cheesy pea paste dishes. I have a thing for peas :)
    Happy St Patricks Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie - I think I must think of green as a colour for food more often than you :-) green food gets a bad name because of all those green leaves but I prefer green peas too

      Delete
  2. I love your green dishes :) St Patrick's Day tends to pass me by, but if I could organise myself I would love to focus on green food for the occasion. Thanks for doing it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari - I have a long time love of St Pat's day - probably because it gives me a chance to have fun with green - and I do have some irish roots

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)