Christmas has come and gone. I hope you had a good one. We are now in the week of sleep-ins, movies and festive leftovers. Here is a little recap of our Christmas.
nut roast, cranberry nut rolls, chocolate mince pies, panforte, pizza, spiced nuts and fudge.
Biggest disaster was when I was about to put the panforte in the oven and saw the figs were still on the chopping board! Which I guess is why I shouldn't leave it til I am watching Carols by Candlelight after dinner.
A few of the recipes to come soon. Did I mention I now have 5 weeks leave. Woo hoo! I live in hope of more time for blogging.
It is hot again today so we will head to the pool to cool off and try to forget just how close we are to the end of 2017. Meanwhile, I leave you with some Christmas quicklinks for some entertainment and food for thought:
- Boozy Bailey's Real Hot Chocolate with Festive Christmas Marshmallows - Gluten Free Alchemist
- Dazza's Deep Fried Christmas Dinner review - Get Battered
- It's Christmas so splurge a bit - it will do you good - The Age newspaper, 15 Dec 2017
- What the loss of a loved one at Christmas time has shown me - Essential Kids
- 16 tweets that sum up that weird week between Christmas and New Year's - BuzzFeed