Thursday 14 December 2023

Three hands cafe

Back in June, I visited a cafe in Brunswick called Three Hands.  It had lots of interesting artwork, fun signs and excellent supercharged toasties.


On my first visit, Sylvia had fried eggs on toast.  The yolk wasn't hard but this was when she learned to eat soft gooey yolks.  A you can see in her photo, the egg had plenty of personality.

I had a vegan Avo Toastie, which was smashed avocado with spinach, vegan cheese, tomato and vegan mayo.  It was great with lots of creaminess cut through with the vegetables.  Nice and crispy toast.

We returned a few weeks later and I had the vegetarian Taco Toastie with refried beans with spinach, Mexican blended cheese, pico da gallo, smashed avo and chipotle sauce.  It was good but not as good as the Avo.  It was a little harder to eat with my hands because the filling had more sauce.

Sylvia had fried eggs on toast again and this time we shared some chips which were very good: hot, crisp and nicely seasoned.

The most memorable dish was the Timmy Tam.  This was an indulgent serve of two waffles with ice cream, shaved Tim Tams, caramel sauce, all topped with a Tim Tam.  It was really good.  We had two spoons and got through it rather quickly.  I was disappointed how finely the Tim Tams were grated and there wasn't enough to add much chocolate to the flavours but we still loved it.

My photos of the cafe are taken when tables were vacated but there was always quite a few customers there, even when we got there at 2pm.  The staff were attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.

Three Hands
446 Sydney Road, Brunswick
https://sydneyroad.com.au/trader/three-hands-cafe/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)