Friday 14 October 2016

Carrot, feta and cashew dip

It is busy times here and I am trying to spend time working on writing a few Vegan MoFo posts in advance.  So instead of telling you about some of the wonderful vegan food we have been eating, I am sharing a carrot feta and cashew dip I made last year in August.  Oh dear that is over a year ago.

I really love making dips.  The reality at the moment is that Sylvia is not keen on trying new dips.  She loves hummus but will not eat it when it is homemade so we buy a big bucket of hummus and go through it rather quickly.  It is a treat to make an interesting dip for E and me.

Sylvia does love it when I chop up lots of vegies to serve with dip and crackers.  She enjoys choosing what she wants.  As you can see in the photo she often goes straight for the chips or crackers.  But she also will eat vegies.  I love these sort of relaxed meals too.  Not too much work.  Not too many dishes.  And a nice healthy meal.  

I wish I could remember the dip better.  It was a bit more creamy than I usually have but had a nice flavour.  I wrote a list of ingredients in my notes but not much more.  There is this spinach pesto with almonds and feta link and a note to say "Blend and spread".  Does this mean I didn't cook the carrot?  I am not sure but I think I would cook the carrots before making it.  If nothing else it would give a little looseness to the dip which was pretty thick.  I have made a great raw feta for Vegan MoFo so if I use it to try making a vegan version of this dip, I will report back!

More dip recipes on Green Gourmet Giraffe:
Beetroot hummus (gf, v)
Buffalo hummus (gf, v)
Finnish green bean paté (gf)
Hummus (gf, v)
Roasted pumpkin and garlic hummus (gf, v)
Spinach hummus (gf, v)
Vegan salmon pate (gf, v)
Voracious vegan pate (v)

Carrot, feta and cashew dip

130g cashew
130g (2 medium) carrots 
100g feta
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 small garlic clove

Cook carrots.  Blend all ingredients until you have a smooth spread.  Keep in the fridge in an airtight container.

On the Stereo:
On the Road with the Wiggles

8 comments:

  1. Ooh good on you! I want to do MoFo but am not sure and have not done any planning yet. If I do I might have to aim for a more modest two or three posts a week, particularly given I've been averaging 1 post every few months lately :| . I loooove dips, I always say they are one of my favourite foods. I don't have a go to carrot dip, I like the look of this - so cream. Might have to try it with a feta sub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed you have good recipes sitting around for that long! It makes me wonder about your recipe back log and how many excellent dishes you are yet to share ;)

    Good luck with the MoFo preparations and I look forward to seeing your posts in time (I am sitting this year out, for obvious reasons...!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sort of plates as well, a dip, vegetable sticks and crackers. Good luck with the MoFo plans, can't wait to see your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are so into dips at the moment too. And over a year ago. I can't remember what I was doing last week let alone over a year ago :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dip sounds good. At least Sylvia will eat some veges - we were terrors and would not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have many recipes that are sitting in my draft folder too. Glad you shared this one with your readers. Yummy yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfectly acceptable dinner in my books too. My kids would eat all the crackers first as well. I too am impressed with your recipe backlog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I am trying to spend time working on writing a few Vegan MoFo posts in advance." Me too! So glad I'm not the only one. My in-laws are up the first whole week of November so I definitely won't have time to work on any then.
    Making dips is fun. I'm with Sylvia, I'm not a fan of homemade hummus. At least when I make it... I love when other people do =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)