We are pleased to welcome a new addition to our household. Our daughter, Sylvia, was born about two weeks ago. Sister to Alex and Ian, who are sadly missed. Companion to Zinc who is one curious cat at the moment but still getting lots of attention and not enough time outside.
Unfortunately, I have not had any energy for cooking and have been relying on food from my mum, friends and the freezer. Hope it will not be too long til I am back with more food posts.
Updates since this post - a few things about Sylvia:
- Updates on Sylvia's eating in her very first year
- some favourite foods - farex baby rice, rice cakes, pumpkin, beans, carrot, cucumber, bread, stewed apple, nectarine,
- Pram cake for Sylvia's first birthday
- Updates all about Sylvia's eating in her second year
- some favourite foods - broccoli, corn, tomatoes, cucumber, pasta, falafel, baked beans, bread, cheese, legumes, plain tofu, chips, muesli slice, muffins, fresh fruit, stewed fruit
- Dinosaur farm cake for Sylvia's second birthday
- Updates on some of Sylvia's eating in her third year
- some favourite foods - roast potato, broccoli, corn, tomatoes, cucumber, pizza, pasta, baked beans, promite and cheese on toast, cheesymite scrolls, legumes, plain tofu, crumbed tofu, chips, fruit balls, pancakes, pumpkin scones, fruit, tofu bacon, spinach pancakes, anything sweet on a stick (known as lollypops)
- diagnosed allergic to peanuts
- Dinosaur (from Peppa Pig) cake for Sylvia's third birthday
- Updates on Sylvia's eating in her fourth year
- still enjoys the favourite foods to her third year - now eats both promite and vegemite - loves tofu bacon, cheeseymite scones, porridge, tomatoes, pizza, baked beans, treacle scones, rice cakes, rice crackers, hummus (only from shops), has tried risotto rice (likes it without any vegies in it) and cooked polenta, enjoys smoked cheese and parmesan cheese, will now eat her pasta with some grated parmesan, insists on soy sauce on her rice, and she could live on hot chips if allowed. She eats lots of vegetables and fruit.
- Pirate Treasure Chest Cake for Sylvia's fourth birthday
- Updates on some of Sylvia's eating in her fifth year
- love tofu bacon, walnuts, sushi (with just rice filling), cheese, baked beans, vegetarian sausages, bread, tofu, vegies, fruit, stewed apples, stewed rhubarb, porridge, pikelets chocolate cake with icing and sprinkles (and anything sweet). Has taken up a dislike a sultanas to add to her dislike of bits. Hates pumpkin and meat.
- 'Sylvia' by Pulp (1990s)
- 'Sylvia's Mum' by Dr Hook (1970s)
- 'Hymn for Sylvia' by Bread love and dreams (1970s trio from Edinburgh - this song comes from album called The strange tale of captain Shannon and the hunchback from Gigha.)
- 'Sylvia' by Focus (1970s)
- 'Sylvia' by Stevie Wonder (1960s)
- 'Sylvia' by Elvia Presley
- 'Bring Me Little Water Sylvie' by Leadbelly
Who is Silvia? what is she,
That all our swains commend her?
Holy, fair, and wise is she;
The heaven such grace did lend her,
That she might admirèd be.
Is she kind as she is fair?
For beauty lives with kindness.
Love doth to her eyes repair,
To help him of his blindness,
And, being helped, inhabits there.
Then to Silvia let us sing,
That Silvia is excelling;
She excels each mortal thing
Upon the dull earth dwelling:
To her let us garlands bring.