I wrote up a long post describing, praising, listing nut roasts when I held the event in 2008. The rules will also be the same. For information about nut roasts and the rules, read the 2008 Neb at Nut Roast invitation. You can also find more information on Wikipedia.
In the 2008 invitation I listed nut roasts on my blog and elsewhere. Since then I have continued to update that post with nut roasts that I have tried. I thought for this post it would be good to share with you some of the nut roasts around the blogosphere since my event:
- Cheese Cashew and Nut Roast with Sherry Sauce - Feast with Bron
- Demuth's Christmas Roast - Smarter Fitter
- Egg-free Nut Roast - Food in the Main
- Mexican Lentil Nut Roast - Vegan about Town
- Mushroom Tofu Nut Roast - Allotment to Kitchen
- Nut Roast Cupcakes (no recipe but great inspiration for presentation) - Veggie Wedgie
- Pumpkin and Leek Nut Roast - The Kitchen Playground
- Spicy Lentil Quinoa Nut Roast - Lisa's Kitchen
- Thanksgiving Meatless Loaf - Fat Free Vegan
- Walnut and Cashew Nutloaf - The Kitchn
I invite you to cook and nut roast and send it to me. Feel free to try one of the recipes from above, from my 2008 Neb at Nut Roast invitation list or from the 2008 Neb at Nut Roast round up. British vegetarian cookbook writers (such as Rose Eliot) and historic cookbooks are also good sources of nut roast recipes. Or create your own and use the Vegan Lunchbox's Magical Loaf Studio if you need some help. You could even recreate your favourite nut burger recipe as a nut roast.
Finally, I know that nut roasts are most often associated with Christmas - in fact my blog stats go up with all the nut roast searching in the festive season. However I must protest that nut roasts can fill the place of roast meat or meat loaf, which in my childhood were regular meals. But if you want a special occasion, then you could use nut roasts to celebrate St Patrick's Day, Easter, May Day or any birthdays and other anniversaries.
So get your thinking caps on and make a nut roast. Post it, use the event badge at the top of this post if you wish, and send it to me (gggiraffe07 AT yahoo DOT com DOT au) by 5 May 2011. I will post a round up soon after so we can all share the nut roast love.
Update: read the 2011 Neb at Nut Roast round up