Lucy from Nourish Me has tagged me for seven random facts about me – my first tag (or is it a meme?) so here comes my blog uncertainty again, but in the spirit of sharing, which is one of the joys of the blogosphere, I have drawn up a list.
- I don’t like throwing things out. I still have a gold leaf from a cake to celebrate my First Holy Communion when I was 8 years old.
- At university, I became fascinated with the history of market gardens while studying them as part of a project.
- I met Rolf Harris when I worked on a BBC website and was transcribing a webchat with him. He was lovely but I wish I had told him how much I had loved his songs when I was a kid.
- I once read a whole novel in a bookshop without buying it – E worked there and I would read a bit every time I waited to meet him there.
- A friend and I once ate three-quarters of a chocolate cake which was fresh out of the oven – sliver by sliver!
- When I lived in Edinburgh I loved it when the wind blew the yeasty smell from the breweries in my direction – I think it was a similar warm comforting smell of freshly baked bread coming out of my mother’s oven.
- I haven’t owned (or used) an iron for over 7 years. Life’s too short!
Oh and I need to pass it on (this feels like tag chasey – is that why they call it tagging?) and so I pass the tag to Scottish Vegan and Mellie - if they can drag themselves away from their wonderful recipes and reviews :-)
On the Stereo:
Dongs of Sevotion: Smog